Sunday, July 17, 2011

Additional Comments for _A Lesson before Dying_

I'm glad to see you enjoyed this novel. I have enjoyed reading your comments. Should you want to continue your discussion, please do it here. Some topics you might consider discussing are as follows:
1. Character development
2. Who learns a lesson?
3. Use of Biblical allusions in the novel
4. Themes of the novel
5. Impact of the setting on the development in the novel
6. The power of writing in the novel (the journal)
I look forward to reading your additional comments!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

People who learn a lesson can be ANYONE, anyone that has made a mistake and has learned from it, anyone that has done wrong and got in trouble and "learned their lesson" of what was right and wrong.

Miss Colley said...

So, Christin, who learns the lesson in this novel?

savannahthompson95 said...

I know this is kinda old but just like in In Cold Blood, the journal entries in this book gave a great insight to personal feelings that the character was experiencing. Both journals are used to try and find evidence of what the victim was going through before their tragic deaths.

shanna said...

I believe that Grant should feel a lot beter about his life. I mean its not so bad.

shanna said...

When Jefferson finally opened up and started to kind of trust Grant it made the tention in the book somewhat go away.