Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How is your reading of The Last Lecture going? What do you think of Randy Pausch and his choice to do this lecture in this manner?

27 comments:

Maci said...

I read the lecture and greatly enjoyed it. I thought it was a valuable learning experience. It taught the reader how to face trials with integrity and courage.

Sydney said...

While watching the lecture, I felt that everything Randy Pausch said would help anyone to fulfill what they wanted in life. Everything that he said showed his courage and humility.

Miss Colley said...

What are some specific things you noticed in his lecture?

Maci said...

I noticed that Randy Pausch maintain a positive attitude in spite of his battle with cancer. I also noticed that he was selfless and was more worried about others.

Sydney said...

In his lecture I noticed that was always pretty optimistic no matter what the circumstances were. He pretty much made the best of everything that was thrown into his path. He alway had a solution to any problem that might have occured while he was trying to reach his goals.

Anonymous said...

While I was reading The Last Lecture, I couldn't seem to put the book down. It was so intriguing and a great learning experience. I admire how Randy Pausch chose to make his lecture in front of all of those students. It was also very courageous of him to turn it into a book.

Anonymous said...

One specific thing I noticed was how Randy Pausch always remained positive no matter what the circumstance was. Another thing I noticed was how he always dared to dream. He was always talking about living his life to the fullest since he only had a few more months to live.

savannahthompson95 said...

The Last Lecture was wonderful. It really shows someone how to be optimistic and to never give up on a dream. I know it was hard for him to put time aside for the lecture while trying to still have those critical moments with his family, but I am glad that he did.

savannahthompson95 said...

In his lecture I noticed that he was over the fact that he was dying and instead wanted to embrace the rest of his life. I also loved how he talked about his father and his childhood dreams.

Austin Noble said...

I watched Randy Pausch's lecture on Youtube, and I greatly enjoyed it. I thought it had all the right elements. It was humerous at times, and he kept an extremely positive attitude throught the duration of the lecture, despite his cancerous condition.

Jaclyn said...

I didn't read the lecture, but i did watch it. I think that Randy's choice to smile and laugh even in the face of death, shows what kind of person he was. Because of this, the lecture was a lot easier to pay attention to than it would have been if he had walked around the stage with a depressed attitude.

jc_jett95 said...

I read The Last Lecture, and I feel that I learned a lot from it. I believe Randy's advice on achieving your childhood dreams has helped many people. I admire that he chose to give this last lecture, despite the fact that he only had a short time left to be with his family.

RileyDuke said...

I enjoyed reading this lecture everytime I picked it up. Randy Pausch's choice to focus on his real topic at hand showed the focus he puts into his work even when faced with a challenge such as pancreatic cancer.

vc32 sniper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed watching this video on Youtube. It is really inspiring to see Randy have such a great time with something that he really is passionate about. For someone to be in his position and still make the best out of it is truly wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I had no intention of reading this book. After watching the video, I actually have a strong urge to read it now, because that video was so inspiring.

Austin Noble said...

Since I had thouroughly enjoyed viewing the video of Randy Pausch's Last Lecture, I have now just purchased the book, and I fully intend on reading it to it's fullest.

Unknown said...

By watching this video, it has changed my outlook on how I live my life. I feel that the way he is doing his lecture, at this time is a sign of courage and stability. Not just anyone could go out there in front of a crowd full of people and lecture on dreams they have had in their life, once they have just been told they have a couple of months to survive, that they only have a couple of months a life left.

Unknown said...

I noticed that he had a very good outlook on his condition and that he did not let it get in his way of doing what he felt like needed to be done.

Anonymous said...

It was a very interesting and appropriate topic. I enjoyed all of it and loved Randy to death! He was just all around fun to watch!

jc_jett95 said...

While I read the novel A Lesson Before Dying, I thought of the struggles that racism caused and how hard it must have been to bear the burden of the entire black community's battle while trying to teach Jefferson to be a man and die as an equal being. The plot of A Lesson Before Dying was very motivational to me.

Austin Noble said...

I really enjoyed reading A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines. Reading about Jefferson slowly losing and retaing his sanity, and the slow process that took him to become a man before his death was truly awe-inspiring.

jc_jett95 said...

In A Lesson Before Dying, I was inspired by the fact that Grant Wiggins learned to take responsibility for all the tasks set before him. He struggled with the thought of running away with Vivian, but could not leave his aunt, Jefferson, and all the other people behind. This showed true dedication, though at first he rejected these responsibilities.

Jaclyn said...

I agree with josh. I think that Grants struggle with his hatred of the south, but his love for his people were one of the aspects of the novel that really interested me.

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed this bookkk! i had little time to read it because of work but it was really inspirational and Grants experiences were his journey before his death was very entreating and they should make a movie(:

Anonymous said...

Grant Wiggins took Jefferson under his responsibility and helped him throughout his time in jail. Even though he didnt have to, he took the time to put Jefferson before himself and really took great care of him. He even worked with people he didnt want to associate with in order to do just that.

Anonymous said...

I watched The Last Lecture and I thought it was very interesting. I bellieve it taught me how to face trials in my life. I noticed that even though Randy Pausch was dying, he was extremely uplifting.